Sarah perel Metzger
Can You Bring Joy to an Orphan on Their Special Day?
The Let’s Celebrate campaign is raising vital funds to ensure that orphans in Israel can appropriately celebrate their bar and bas mitzvah.
For many children who have lost a parent, what should be a memorable milestone becomes a time of stress and challenges.
Often there are limited financial resources, which makes any celebration impossible. After losing a father, who will help prepare a young teenage boy for his Bar Mitzvah? After losing a mother, who will organize the details of the Simcha? Who will ensure a young preteen girl is ready for this milestone?
Since 2007, the Simcha Connection has helped over 300 orphan children celebrate their Bar & Bat Mitzvahs. They have organized 25 Bar Mitzvah joint celebrations and 16 Bat Mitzvah celebrations.
This includes providing teachers to prepare and train each boy for their Bar Mitzvah, a suit, a pair of tefillin and a beautiful party. Every girl receives a beautiful pair of earrings, a silver candlestick and a voucher for a new dress for their Bat Mitzvah.
Can you partner with the Simcha Connection and bring joy to an orphan?
Please consider sponsoring one of the items below:
- Suits, shirts, shoes etc. per child $300.00
- Dresses, shoes & earrings per child $300.00
- Tefilin and Talis per child $500.00
- Celebration party per child $250.00
- Shabbat silver candlesticks per child $180.00
- Kiddush goblet and Tzedakah per child $300.00
- Music/Entertainment $2,000.00
- Transportation per family $100.00
- Sponsor the entire event for 15 orphans $20,000.00
- Tutoring Bar Mitzvah classes per child/ per month $200.00
The Torah reminds us often to care for the orphan and the widow. Today, you can let young children know their pain is not forgotten and they are not alone. You are there for them, helping them celebrate their special day. Together, we can ensure that every child can celebrate their Bar & Bat Mizvah with joy and dignity.
Thank you for your generous support.